In this time of health and safety crisis management, stretched supply chains, business uncertainties, closures and remote work, integrity standards are at their most important. Ethics & compliance functions can be indispensable guides, problem solvers and value-add partners in helping companies effectively and securely navigate a new risk environment.
The COVID-19 response presents an opportunity for dynamic ethics & compliance teams to engage in new ways, and highlight the value case for compliance by applying:
- strategic issue spotting to highlight changes in a company’s risk profile;
- tailored approaches to support the business through the emergency period;
- partnering in problem solving to mitigate pressure and promote conduct accountability;
- transparent and credible communication to bring perspective on consistent values and recognized challenges; and
- often untapped sources of team knowledge, systems and vantage points that can advance both business and compliance objectives.